Welcoming Mr. Sonie

Sana Tahir, Features Writer

Eagan High School has welcomed a new staff member this year, Mr. Harry Sonie! Mr. Sonie is a Student Support Specialist who assists students, especially students of color, with any type of help they need regarding their personal growth or future. I caught up with Mr. Sonie to ask a few questions to learn more about him.

Raised in Apple Valley, Mr. Sonie attended Apple Valley High School before going to Augsburg University. There he majored in Communication Studies while participating in the men’s basketball program. In addition to teaching, Mr. Sonie coaches youth basketball and is an assistant coach at Augsburg University.

In addition to working in education, Mr. Sonie enjoys fitness, sports, traveling, and trying new places to eat! When asked about how he has liked Eagan this year, he responded with, “ I’m having a great experience here at Eagan so far and I look forward to getting more students back in the building very soon!”

Before teaching at Eagan, Mr. Sonie began a career in sales and recruiting before taking on education. At Eagan, he works with all students and works on building relationships with the students and the families. His role is to support students on everything from academic problems to their future goals and ambitions. His office is located in the library across from the Ipad Support Office.

Welcome to Eagan Mr. Sonie!