Eagan’s “You Can’t Take It with You” is fire, trust us

Katie Warnke, Features Editor

Eagan High School’s fall theatre production of the show, “You Can’t Take It with You” has it’s final two shows this weekend at EHS. The show, directed by Nancy Owzarek, follows the Sycamore family and their care-free dynamic. Throughout the show, you grow to fall in love with the Sycamore family and the quirky ways that they find happiness and love.  

Eagan’s production of “You Can’t Take It with You” is much different than other school’s productions. Eagan’s show features live fireworks thanks to the technical director and licensed pyrotechnic, John Ratzlaff. Because John is licensed in pyrotechnics, Eagan’s production can include live fireworks, something many other school shows are unable to include. The director, Nancy Owzarek, noted that many other schools use fog machines and sound effects in place of these fireworks. 

Eagan’s final two shows of “You Can’t Take It With You” are October 11th and 12th at 7:00 PM. 

Nancy Owzarek encourages people to come see the show, stating, “It’s a funny show, [everyone] needs to laugh more. Along with that, it’s highly entertaining and you’ll fall in love with the characters.”

Isabella Pellegrom, who plays Mrs. Kirby, stated that people should come see the show because “Everyone involved in this show has put in many hours to make it comical and spectacular. It’s two hours full of laughter and entertainment.”

The message of the show is simple and written directly in its title, and Pellegrom and Owzarek hope the audience ‘can take it with them.’ They hope that the audience sees that the most important things in life are love, happiness, and relationships; things like money and physical objects won’t always be able to be taken with you.  

Tickets to see the show this weekend are available at https://search.seatyourself.biz/webstore/accounts/eaganhs/buy-tix?d=0&event=.