High School Musical Four

Paige Dresow, Features Editor

High School Musical is starting something new with an addition to their already successful trilogy. The first in the trilogy of High School Musical consists of Troy, played by Zac Efron, and his love interest Gabriella, played by Vanessa Hudgens. The cast will break free of their old storylines and create a updated version of East High.

Jeffrey Hornaday is to direct and choreograph the movie. He has also directed and choreographed Teen Beach Movie and Teen Beach 2. The new High School Musical’s screenwriting will be handled by Dan Berenson and Peter Barsocchini. The casting search kicked off Tuesday, March 1st.

High School Musical Four has been rumored about since 2010. The movie has been expected to have a new cast of wildcats. “High School Musical is part of Disney Channel’s DNA. It embodies all that we stand for.  As a way of continuing to embrace that heritage, we’re excited to announce ‘the start of something new’ — as we launch a search for a new class of East High Wildcats to star in a fourth installment of the High School Musical franchise,”  says Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer. To prepare for the new movie, you’ve gotta get your head in the game and refresh your mind on all the old songs!