Word in the Halls: Celebrity Crushes

Kaity Fisher, Editor-in-Chief

Celebrity crushes. Everyone has them, and after a heated debate over Timothée Chalamet with some friends, I set out to see what celebrities Eagan High School loves. 

As I predicted, Timothée Chalamet was a popular response, particularly among girls. One such Timothée lover was senior Elizabeth Allen. When I asked what she liked about him she stated that she likes “his hair and his talents in acting and his kindness.” I found that Timothée remains a highly controversial celebrity crush, as some don’t see the hype and others would, it seems, dedicate their lives to him.

The most popular male celebrity crush was overwhelmingly Ryan Reynolds. When I asked Junior Sowmik Garishakurti who his celebrity crush is, he immediately blurted out his answer, beaming as he did so: “Ryan Reynolds!” I noticed that this was a common trend among guys. 

Junior Maria Peterson’s crush was inspired by The Hunger Games. She told me her crush is Josh Hutcherson, who plays Peeta Mallark (shout out to Team Peeta!). 

Other popular female celebrity crushes included Sydney Sweeney, Zendaya, and Kristen Stewart. Overall, it was really fun to hear everyone’s varying tastes and opinions on celebrity crushes. I still don’t understand teenage boys’ obsession with Ryan Reynolds, but I am perhaps closer to the truth after my investigations.