The student news site of Eagan High School

Eagan Independent

Eagan Independent

Eagan Independent

Boys’ Lacrosse Thinking Big

The Eagan Wildcats Boys lacrosse team is starting their season soon and are going into the season with some high expectations. Last year, the team finished first in the South Suburban Conference with a record of 8-1 in the conference and 11-2 overall. They also led the conference in overall scoring with 57 goals.

Although they have lost some players, they still retain many good players from last year’s team and have strong leadership from guys like Jake Nelson and Max Elsenheimer. This team hopes to be high-scoring like last year, looking to maintain a similar stat line to last year.

However, some players will have to step up if they want to see that happen. Luckily for the Wildcats, they have strong leadership to get that done. “We expect to play well and we have some stuff that we think everyone will be excited to see”, senior captain Jake Nelson said. As such, we should look forward to a team that is putting forth the effort required to win every game, which will keep them in every game they play, no matter the competition.

One specific player to watch for this season is junior Noah Simpson. He was just promoted to the team from JV, and has some skills to work with. He and other young players can help make this team go far. Although it’s early to predict any postseason run, look for these Wildcats to keep working off last season as they move forward.