The student news site of Eagan High School

Eagan Independent

Eagan Independent

Eagan Independent

Gorder, Gourley Sign Letters of Intent

Last Thursday, April 16th, Seniors Michael Gorder and Jake Gourley each signed letters of intent to play sports at the university-level.

Gorder, a Senior captain of the varsity basketball team who averaged 18.5 points per game in this season, signed to play at the University of Mary in Bismark, South Dakota. Gorder achieved the status of a 1,000 point scorer in his career at Eagan, and he was a Minnesota All-State honorable mention and a 1st team South Suburban All-Conference performer in his senior season. About playing his next four years at Mary, Gorder said, “I’m looking forward to playing the game I love for four more years. I love the coaches and I love the school!”

Gourley, on the other hand, excels at track & field, where he has sprinted for the Wildcats. He has signed a letter of intent to run for Minnesota State University Mankato. Gourley is a two-time AAU All American, All-State in the 100 meter and a conference champion last year, and he has been an All-Conference performer since his sophomore year at Eagan. About what he’s looking forward to at Minnesota State, Gourley said, “I look forward to running for one of the best track programs at the Division II level. I love the coaches and all the guys on the team, and I look forward to being part of the MSU family!” More recently, Gourley ran blazing times of 10.59 and 21.70 seconds in the 100 and 200 meter dashes respectively, breaking the Eagan records in both and showing his worth to Minnesota State.

Both of these Wildcat favorites look forward to continuing their athletic careers at two great universities.