Eagan Independent

What to buy this Black Friday

Back to Article
Back to Article

What to buy this Black Friday

Black Friday Made Of Black Helium Balloons. sale concept. 3d rendering illustration

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Hana Diwan, Staff writer

Thanksgiving is the highlight of the year for many people. However, it goes far beyond the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy. To many people, Thanksgiving marks the start of holiday shopping. Stores have many deals, but it is up to the shoppers to find the best ones. This Thanksgiving, make a goal to save more while buying more items. Some stores which have doorbusters and other good deals on Black Friday include Target, Walmart, Costco, Lululemon, and Nike.

Target has advertised doorbusters including a variety of electronics on sale. There is a Google home mini for $25.00 (save $24), an Amazon Fire T.V. stick for $24.99 (save $15), and a 55” smart UHD TV for $199.99 (save $180). Target is open on Thanksgiving from 5:00pm to 1:00am and the deals for Black Friday start at 7:00am.

Walmart is open one hour later than target on Thanksgiving day (at 6:00pm). However, if you come early at 4:00pm, they offer coffee, hot chocolate, and cookies. You can save more at Walmart buying a variety of items. There is a Sky Rider Pro quadcopter drone with a WiFi camera for only $26.97 and also a Google home mini for $25.00. In addition to that, Walmart is also advertising a Night Owl HD video security camera set for $150.00 and a Hover-1 Liberty hoverboard for $99.00.

If you are looking for a new laptop/computer or headphones, Costco is the place to go. Although it is closed on Thanksgiving Day, it opens at 9:00am on Black Friday. Some of their special offers include black Bose on-ear bluetooth wireless headphones for $99.99 and a HP 14” chromebook with a wireless mouse and protective sleeve for only $199.99.

Some stores such as Lululemon and Nike  have not advertised any specific products, but rather a general discount for clothing categories. Lululemon has up to 40% off on “we made too much” clothing for Black Friday Friday starting at 7:00am. Nike has an extra 20% on select styles along with 60 day free returns.

For those of you who are having Thanksgiving Dinner at the same time the stores are open and offering the best deals, no need to worry as most stores offer their deals online too. You can shop at the convenience of your own home without compromising family and friends time. Amazon  is advertising many good deals such as  an Amazon Echo Dot with free shipping for $29.99, a Fire 7 tablet also for $29.99, and a Blink XT home security camera system costing only $78.00.

To get hundreds of deals on electronics such as computers and phones, shop either in online or in-store at Best Buy  on Thanksgiving from 5:00pm to 1:00am or on Black Friday from 8:00am to 10:00pm. Best Buy has told the public about some of it’s best deals such as a Nintendo Switch with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (red and blue joycons included) for $299.99, a black HP-ENVY 4520 wireless all-in-one instant ink ready printer for a price of only $29.99, and they also offer up to $200.00 off of the IPhone X.

For more good deals to many different stores, click on this link and enjoy this Thanksgiving holiday season by getting gifts for others along with items for yourself for incredibly low prices.

251 total views, 2 views today