‘Singing Grams’ Fundraiser Underway

Robyn Ehrlich, News Writer

The Choir Department has an exciting Valentine’s Day gift in store for every one of our students who wish to send a song to their special someone or who just want to embarrass their friends, though, most commonly, the latter. Either way, the choir’s annual tradition of “Singing Grams” has always been met with optimal success.

“The Singing Grams are a Valentine’s Day gift that is bought through the choir department as a fundraiser for the Angel Foundation,” senior, and long-time choir member, Rachel Larson explains, “The Singing Grams include candy, a balloon, and a performance for the recipient by a small singing group.”

The Singing Grams are a Valentine’s Day gift that is bought through the choir department as a fundraiser for the Angel Foundation

— Rachel Larson

Every group has pre-prepared a song of their choosing, some of which are Accidentally in Love by Counting Crows, Don’t Go Breaking My Heart as originally performed by Elton John and Kiki Dee, and Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat.

“You can’t choose what song you get, unless you arrange that with the groups singing,” Larson discloses. “For example, if I saw my friend’s name I would make a point to deliver that Singing Gram with my group.”

For only ten dollars, a group of talented acapella vocalists will serenade a person of the buyers’ choosing on Wednesday, February 11th during first hour. The department is also selling cups of candy for five dollars. All of the proceeds are being bestowed upon the Angel Foundation, a center that provides emergency financial assistance, education, and support to families battling cancer.

If a student wants to present a girlfriend, boyfriend, or just a friend with a last-minute and musical gift, make sure to order a Singing Gram before it’s too late.