Eagan Dance Team ends the season with a strong finish

Trinh Nguyen, Staff Writer

In their journey to prepare for Sections approaching in two weeks, the Eagan High School Dance Team attended an invite at Cannon Falls just last Saturday, January 19.

The results of the invite was a promising one for the team. Their Varsity Jazz won first place, Varsity Kick won second place, and their Junior Varsity Jazz finished in second place.

The season for the girls started in late September, with dance competitions against other teams starting in December. Though invites include long days of vigorous competition, the energy of all of the girls is never fleeting, and their results at Cannon Falls shows this. Captain Kayla Daniel exclaims, “It was such a great accomplishment for us. We have worked so hard and it finally paid off.”

Even though they are already four months into their season, the Eagan Dance Team is still working hard to improve themselves everyday. Practices for the team are three hours every school night, and when they are not attending an invite on Saturday, the members of the team are expected to come to school for another three-hour practice.

“We’ll be practicing everyday and competing once more to see where our scores are at going into Sections,” Captain Sarah Schuller explains in details of the team’s preparations for the next two weeks.

Though strenuous, their practices are carving the path to accomplish their goals. Sophomore Echo Nelson, who is on both Varsity Jazz and Kick, expresses that her goals for this season is for the team to qualify for the State competition in February.

The team headed to their 11th invite of the season at Moundsville last Saturday, marking their last competition before Sections begin. Hopes for Eagan Dance Team are high as they head into the end of the season.