Homecoming Week Recap

MNshotz

Flour throw at the homecoming football game before the 3rd quarter

Addi Bronwell, Sports Writer

In case you missed it, September 27th through October 2nd was quite an eventful week at Eagan. With it going by in a flash after months of planning, there is a lot to report on.

Homecoming week started off with a bang, Monday, September 27 with the powderpuff flag football game. Many came out to support, a reported $2552 being made at admissions. All proceeds were donated to the Dakota Woodlands Shelter in Eagan. Dakota woodlands provides an array of supportive services and is a way for homeless women and families to get sustainable and independent housing. Principal Reikowski said that the money made this year surpassed the record from any other year by over $1000 dollars. There were 3 games held on Monday. The first match was the Freshman vs Juniors and was followed up shortly after with the Sophomores vs Senior game. The championship match was Sophomores vs. Juniors, in which the Junior class of 2023 emerged the powderpuff champions for 2021.

The school wide dodgeball tournament commenced on Wednesday, September 29th after school. There were three leagues to participate in, a men’s, women’s, and co-op. There were costumes that ranged from pit bull to an almost completely invisible team (Camo-out).

To get hyped up for the homecoming football game, the entire school gathered into the gym at the end of the school day on Thursday, September 30th for a pepfest. During the pepfest, the 2021 rock, paper, scissors champion was crowned after a representative from each grade level competed to go head to head with a special alumni guest. The Junior class beat out the Sophomore and Senior champions to go on and face three time paralympic medalist and Eagan High School alumni swimmer, Mallory Wegman. An intense game was played but the students were victorious against Ms. Wegman. Nonetheless, it was a very surreal experience for everyone involved to see a real paralympian who graduated from Eagan High School.

If there is one football game a year students go to, it’s the game before homecoming. After halftime, the cats were down and didn’t have any points on the board. But they rallied to score two touchdowns and three great kicks from senior kicker, Alex Rodman. Even though Eastview beat us at the game, the support behind the team was insane. One the most incredible photos was taken of the pit throwing up flour to commence the 3rd quarter of the game. Like the cheerleaders say, “there ain’t no party like an Eagan pit party because the Eagan pit party don’t stop.” 

The party didn’t stop as the homecoming dance was the next day on October 2nd from 8pm to 11pm. There were lights, fog, projectors, and obviously speakers all brought to you by our DJ. Don’t get him confused with our other awesome DJ we had at all lunches on Thursday, Everett Parker. 

Thanks to everyone who made this year’s homecoming week possible! This was one for the record books!