“Encore! Home” hits the stage

Avika Fleury, Staff Writer

It’s the first week of December, and what does that mean? It’s Encore! time! With the first open show on Friday after a senior preview on Thursday, tickets are on sale for “Encore! Home” now. Encore! is a fun and festive show with a variety of music, dancing, and singing, all performed by students at EHS. Encore! is an annual show, each year with a different theme. This year’s theme is “Home,” and it is represented by a collection of songs picked by students, the producer, and other people involved with the production.

Encore! themes are typically inspired by songs, movies, and lyrics, like in this year’s show. This year’s theme, Home, was inspired by the song “From Now On” from the movie The Greatest Showman. Mr. Shafer, the producer of this years show fell in love with the movie The Greatest Showman when he first saw it. Listening to this song, he closed in on these lyrics and was especially drawn to when they sang “And we will come back home, and we will come back home, home again!” This song and these lyric were what inspired him to make “Home” the theme. This song is also a big part of the production and is featured in the show. After finding the theme, Mr. Shafer, students, and many others found more songs that might fit this theme. In the end they had over 165 songs, and during the Summer and early Fall Mr. Shafer went over these, song after song, finding the best fits. There are around 25-29 songs in each Encore! production, so it was really hard to choose between all of the many songs and artists. Mr. Shafer also talks with the dancers, the band, and Mr. Pearson, who conducts the band in the show. In the end, the songs are found, and the theme is set in place.

Thursday, December 6th (Senior Preview): 3:30 p.m.
Friday, December 7th: 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 8th: 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, December 9th: 3:00 p.m.
Thursday, December 13th: 7:00 p.m.
Friday, December 14th: 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, December 15th: 7:00 p.m.

You can get tickets online at anytime, or at the ticket booth in Eagan High School from 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM. You can also get them an hour before the show starts. Get tickets soon, they sell out quickly!

The commitment shown by these students and our peers shakes the stage. If you go, you can be guaranteed to not regret it. If you’d like to help out with the show, or see the behind the scenes of this wonderful production, head over the the attendance office to sign up for ushering!