Eagan Independent

Options for your 2020 spring break

Back to Article
Back to Article

Options for your 2020 spring break

The Sydney Opera House
Photographer- Hana Diwan

The Sydney Opera House Photographer- Hana Diwan

Katie Warnke and Aarushi Sen

Don’t have plans for spring break 2020? Now you do! Many school-led spring break trips are happening, but here’s four to get you excited for next year. Not all information about these trips has been released, so if you are interested in any of these trips you can talk to a teacher for more details.

Choir Trip:

Eagan’s choir program is taking students on a spring break trip to Austria, Germany, and the Czech Republic. Some highlights of the trip include going to Vienna, Munich, and Prague.  Many famous cathedrals and museums will be visited, along with visiting the birthplace of Mozart. Because this is a choir trip, there will be singing in a variety of venues throughout the trip. Anyone enrolled in the Eagan Choir program who will be a sophomore, junior, or senior in the 2019-2020 school year can go on this trip. There is no cap on the number of students that can go, but most years, typically 70-80 students attend. The trip is 7-8 days long (one day of the trip has not been finalized yet) and students will miss the Friday before break.  

Language Departments:

Although all the details have not been finalized, the Spanish and French departments at Eagan High School are both planning spring break trips for the 2019-2020 school year. The Spanish department will be going to Costa Rica for the first time in a long time, with the French department traveling to France and like they have in the past. Mrs. Schram and Mr. Piel, both Spanish teachers, will be accompanying the Costa Rica trip. As for the France trip, Mrs. Hubbard, a French teacher, will be chaperoning. While both departments would like to include as many students as possible, only students who are at level three or higher are eligible to go on these trips. The students will get to stay with host families for a portion of the trip. The families are decided using a program that Eagan has used in the past. The program chooses families that would be good hosts through their contacts, and then screens them to make sure they are safe. “Staying in a different country is a life-changing experience,” explains Mrs. Graham. “I love that students are getting the chance to live in another culture.” Stay tuned for more information on these trips!

Australia and New Zealand Trip:

A new option at Eagan for next year’s spring break is a trip to Australia and New Zealand. This trip is unique because it is open to all students that will be sophomores, juniors, or senior next school year, meaning you don’t need to be involved in a music program or language to go. This trip is 12 days long, and students will miss three days of school. On this trip, students will visit Sydney, Australia, Auckland, New Zealand, Rotorua, New Zealand, and Carnes, Australia. Highlighted activities include snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef, going on a gondola ride, visiting a wildlife park that has animals such as koalas and kangaroos, and visiting the Sydney Opera House. The trip’s cost is around $5,000, and has a current cap number of 24 students. Because of the high number of students interested, however, the cap could be raised. If you have further questions, talk to Mr. Snobeck.

About the Writer
Aarushi Sen, News Writer

Senior Aarushi Sen's favorite book is "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire," and her favorite food is sushi. Aarushi can crack almost every joint in her...